Is there a service that lets you backup your SMS and MMS messages?

Dan June 12, 2011

Similar to Skydeck before it became mr number? Ideally that has a native Android app, and doesn’t use syncml?

1. VeryAndroid SMS Backup

Try VeryAndroid SMS Backup, It is a smart andriod sms backup software that can copy and backup sms on Android phone to computer.

It can help you:
     - Copy and backup SMS from Anroid phone to computer.
     - Restore SMS to android phone any time.
     - Send SMS & SMS Chat on computer directly.
     - Transfer SMS to android phone from other phones (iPhone, Windows Mobile, Nokia, Blackberry etc).
     - View SMS messages in threading mode on computer.

2. Aaron Couch

I wouldn't necessarily call it "backing up," but Google Voice works great for saving your texts, missed calls, voice mails, etc. online. You can access them from anywhere you have internet and it's a much nicer interface to manage them then the standard interfaces on a cell phone.

3. Karthik Prabhu

I use a Samsung Phone with Android. Samsung has their own PC suite called Kies. Using that software I can easily backup my messages. However, if you search for SMS backup in the Android market, you can find various apps that lets you do so. Here's one app that I found : http://www.androlib.com/android.application.tv-studer-smssync-jjD.aspx

4. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

Nowadays phones come with their on PC suite, like the Nokia OVI software or the Blackberry Desktop Environment, these programs let you do a backup of everything on your phone like; contacts, messages, emails, events, pics, music, videos, etc.

What phone are you using and the OS version so we can help you.