Is there a service that I can eMail a link to and get back page contents?

Michael July 26, 2010

I have links to a lot of articles that I have been collecting so that I can read them later when I have time.

I know there are many bookmarklet services out there (i.e., Read it Later, Instapaper, even Evernote itself) that can clip the contents of a page if I go to it, but I can’t seem to find a service online that I can just send the link to it and have it grab the contents of the page for me and either email them back to me or place directly in my Evernote account.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Jessica Cam W.

If you use MailMyWeb or WebInMail, you could email them from your Gmail address and specify your personalized Evernote email as the reply-to address (which you can do by adding your Evernote email in Settings > Accounts and Import > Send Mail As) so you can keep the articles separated from your emails.

In the past we have profiled a couple of websites where you can email a URL link and get back full page contents of the emailed link via email as a reply. These services are MailMyWeb or WebInMail.

So all you need to do is setup a filter in your email service that will auto-forward those emails to Evernote (which is fairly easy to do).

3. Enderwiggin24

I have been using http://www.toread.cc for 3 or 4 years now, to send all websites that I want to store or read for later, to my gmail account.
    maybe its a solution for you too.

4. Saikat Basu

You can try apps like HTTrack and BackStreet for offline browsing. That's the closest automatic solution I can think of. But I don't thin there's a way to integrate them with Evernote.

Alternatively, you have to do it manually if you want to keep everything saved in Evernote.