How can we send unlimited email using any software or relay server within budget?

Ranvir Sharma October 10, 2012

Please anyone can guide!?

Right now I am using SMTPserver.in relay server, which is 70USD per month for unlimited emails.

If any one can help me to send below this budget…

Regards
Ranvir Sharma

1. Rob Hindle

What kind of legitimate enterprise needs to send that kind of volume of mail?

It implies either hundreds of thousand of recipients or tens of thousands but they are getting very frequent mailings.

If it's legitimate then they have all given explicit agreement that they want the mailings. In that case surely it implies a scale of enterprise that can afford USD70 a month.

No question, your answers here are helping a spammer.

2. Adrian Rea

I agree, it sounds like spam, but just in case you are wanting to send out newsletters to a large audience then look at mailchimp or awebber mail systems

To be honest with you, it sounds like a spam blast. Now maybe yes or maybe no and I was not trying to be smart or clever. The best advice I could give is to talk to your ISP on instructions how to mass email.

• Jan Fritsch

Any message from 1 to 100.000 recipients can be identified as spam. It always depends whether the person does or does not want to receive it.

If the emails are indeed considered spam people will start blocking whatever relay he is using. To protect "their" service the provider will then block his emails.

In the end I believe running your own server is the only right option for mass mail (newsletter or not) since all providers do enforce limitations and will look into mass mail to protect their own service.

4. Jan Fritsch

I guess the obvious solution would be to run your own server?

Get a static IP, a domain name, setup the host (A) for the server, the PTR record for the IP and MX entry for the domain. Then install a smtp server.

The only limitation is going to be the maximum number of recipients per mail the smtp daemon allows at max. Depending on the system this is usually anywhere between 5.000 and 100.000.