How can I send an SMS to email?

Ramesh Karthik Krishnaswamy May 10, 2011

I’m in India. Basically, what I want to achieve is to send a SMS to my mail ID. Are there any free SMS to email gateways available to do this. About two years back I came across an article which helped to send an SMS from my e-mail.

1. Saikat Basu

We had this old article:

How To Send Email To Any Cell Phone (for Free) But what you want to do is the reverse.

There's this articles I found on SMS2Email that you can try out. It is India specific, so there's a chance it just might - http://www.smscountry.com/sms2email.asp

But you have to register with the service with your mobile number; always a risk as they might release the number to text ad companies.

2. Roy

I know this works here in the U.S., it's worth a try to see if it works there in India as well! All you have to do is compose an SMS message, but enter an email address as the recipient, rather than a phone number. I've used this on my carrier (T-Mobile) and see friends use it on other carriers, so it seems to be pretty much universal, not limited to just one carrier.

Test it out by sending an SMS message to your personal email address. When I first learned about this functionality that's what I did, and to my pleasant surprise there was an email in my inbox just a few seconds later!