How can I send movies saved on my DVR to my computer?

Dionicio Pascual February 21, 2012

How can I download movies/program data from my DVR (Cisco ISB7050) to my computer?

Hello, you might be able to transfer files to computer by using something like the following depending on the connections available in DVR.  There is not certainty that it would work though:

The capture would be analog and also chances are even if you are able to transfer to computer, it could be unwatchable due to encryption.

I haven't used a Cisco DVR myself but at least for the HD-DVRs I know they don't allow you to transfer recordings because of possible copyright issues.

If none of the other options work one could try to disassemble it and put it's hard drive into thecomputer or an external case/connector. This will however void the warranty and it's not guaranteed your computer could actually read the hard drives contents.

3. Karkala Nayak

Hello Dionicio,

You can check this site which provides instructions on how to transfer the movies and other programs to your computer
    Here is the link. 

Check it...
    I hope it helped..

How to Transfer DirecTV DVR Programs to a Computer