Why can I not send eMails after starting to use Live Messenger?

tiktoff34@yahoo.com April 26, 2010

I use Yahoo classic. New Yahoo showed up a couple months after I bought a computer and decided to learn how to use it. Then one day the powers that be suggested Live Messenger and I am now jacked.

I can’t get rid of Live Messenger. I don’t use it and I only started trying to SEND mail recently. They just pile up here. They don’t send, server failed message. What is that?

This messenger seems to be disallowing servers. I can’t say for certain, but I also cant get rid of it or send. I have AVG and Malwarebytes (any connection?).

1. Don_810

i can receive e-mail's but send those e-mails i receive

2. Jessica Cam W.

You could go back to using the regular Yahoo webmail site (http://mail.yahoo.com) to send your regular email.

If you insist on using your Windows Live Messenger to send email from your
    @hotmail or @live.com account, you might have to set it correctly. If you're, however, trying to use Windows Live Messenger to send email from your old @yahoo.com email account, note that only Yahoo! Plus accounts enable POP3 access (the technology used by other mail programs to fetch your emails).