How can I send eMail to SMS to an ePlus number when they don’t allow mail reception?

BECKY WOODGATE May 10, 2010

I sent an email to mobilenumber@smsmail.eplus.de and I got the below message:

Unfortunately your mail to 01703724183@smsmail.eplus.de couldn’t be delivered because the addressee currently doesn’t allow mail reception on their mobile phone.
You may send the mail again. However, a successful delivery requires that the addressee allows mail reception.

Dose this mean that I cannot contact them at all?

If you're an ePlus customer refer to your service contract and see if there are any details for an online account for your mobile courier. If you have the access details login and check if there are any settings for email reception.

When I tried this on my UK Tmobile number, there was no need to allow email reception, it just worked. It also works for many other folks without the need to set or configure any settings.

2. Steve Campbell

Becky,

If the recipient doesn't have a setting or option on their phone to allow for email reception, there might be nothing you can about it on your end. I would advise you to check out this article to see if anything helps:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/email-to-sms/

Or simply Google 'email to sms' and see if anything suits your needs.