How can I send an email to everyone in a Google+ Circle?
Question by Richard /

I can’t get Google+ Circles to work. I have made two Circles, one is called Church and the other Family. I’ve put email addresses and names in each Circle. But I can’t find out how to send these circles an email. For instance, a church meeting might have its time changed – how can I send an email to everyone in the Church circle to tell them?

• d992292b5e58aab2ae3843cbd29cd4

Test comment. Please delete this.

• Tilman Bauer

Oops, please delete my double post.

• Tilman Bauer

Hi Richard!

Gmail offers the needed functionality! Go to your Gmail account, click on “Contacts” (under “Mail” and above “Tasks” in the top left corner, or here’s the direct link: https://mail.google.com/mail/#contacts), and there you will see your circles on the left side. Click on a circle’s name, select all contacts by clicking the “select all” button on top (you know, the one to the left which shows just a tick box and a drop-down menu), (optionally deselect a few individuals if you don’t want to send your email completely to everyone in the circle), and finally click on “Email”. It will open a new email with the email addresses of the selected contacts in the “to” field. I recommend that you cut and paste all email addresses from the “to” field to the “bcc” field in order to protect the privacy of your church members (unless they know each other’s email addresses already anyway).

Hope this helps!

Greetings,

Tilman