Why does MakeUseOf send me adverts for MOG when it’s US only?

Dave October 14, 2011

I got an email the other day from MakeUseOf telling me about MOG, which is fine, but UK residents cannot sign up to it as it’s a US based thing only.

I guess you might want to note that to the many others whom you’ve sent an email out to.

Hey Dave,

There was a small mixup on our end. According to our initial schedule we were first planning to email readers about the HideMyAss VPN service that would allow anyone to connect to US-only services. But then we changed a few things in the schedule and mistakenly moved the VPN review to a later date.

Stay tuned. We are going to publish it within a couple of weekly and you will be able to make use of US-only sites without any issues.

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about this inconvenience. However, all is not lost. You may still be able to signup to the service using a proxy or VPN. You should only have to use the proxy for signup purposes. 

Proxies: (Be sure to select a US origin server) 
    HideMyAss *
    Proxify *
    YouHide
    Mega Proxy