Is it possible to sell unwanted or unused applications purchased in a software bundle?

Ryan February 2, 2011

There are plenty of sites that bundle a bunch of popular apps together and sell them at a low price, MacUpdate being one of them. I have a bunch of apps that I don’t have a use for that came in different bundles I have purchased. Is it possible to sell these unused apps?

To summarise all of the above - read the licences carefully!
    There is no general law that governs bundles, so it is simply up to the suppliers.

2. Ryan

Thanks for everyone's answers. Most (if not all) of the apps have individual serials. If I decide to go further with this I will look into the terms of the bundle very carefully. Thanks again. If anyone else has other comments I'd still be open to hearing them.

In general you are able to sell Apps purchased within a bundle since you (usually) recieve a single licence for each application.

The problems are:
    1. The licence is bound to the bundle recipe.
    2. Your name and email address is forwarded to the developer for registration. Most of the time you will also recieve the licence via Email directly from the developer.

Now, assuming the person you sold the App to lost the serial numbers you either have to give him the recipe number ~ which means he basically can "steal" all bundle Apps ~ or you have to request the licence for the person you sold it to.
    Another issue might be general support since your details are registered at the developer.

try ebay, in forums...

Do these apps come with a separate serial/license for every app? Is it one license for all of them?

I would say that for you to find the answer to that question, you would have to check the rules/regulations/terms of the bundle.