What security software can ensure safe financial transactions over the Internet?
Question by Gail /

Occasionally, I do financial transactions over the internet. I want to be able to do this and not have to worry about identity theft, some one hacking into my bank account, my computer etc.

What is the best free software that I can install to protect me while I am on the net?

If there aren’t any good free ones then, which is the best one to purchase for both my desktop and my laptop?

• dragonmouth

“All banks and financial services providers are required to use secure transmission methods; that means your connection is secure, encrypted, and safe from hacking.”

If that is so why are millions of credit card numbers being stolen?

• Abba Jee

why don’t you try linux live OS? it’s free & safer for financial transactions over the internet

• dragonmouth

“why don’t you try linux live OS? it’s free & safer for financial transactions over the internet”

Linux LiveCD only secures the data on the computer it is run on. Once the data leaves that computer, Linux can no longer protect it. From that point the security of the financial transaction depends on how secure the bank’s server is.

• Raghav Gupta

Bitdefender Safebox

• mohit kumar

Don’t use chrome. Use Firefox. Use bitdefender, peerblock etc.

• Aniket Singh

Bitdefender Safepay

• Caroline West

Continuing on from the general theme; most Banks have a very secure, encrypted way of protecting your data. When I first used Internet Banking with my Bank/Building Society, I was provided with a service called “Rapport” which is extra security.

If you do a search for Rapport, you can find out if it is compatible with your Bank. (btw it is free).

And lastly you can always contact your Bank and see what they have to offer.

• Nikhil Chandak

Avira Antivirus
    Advance System Care
    Microsoft Security Essentials

• Manuel Guillermo López Buenfil

You should install Web of Trust.
    WOT is a free add-on available for most browsers.
    It displays a small circle at the top of your browser showing the reputation of the current website. If you are going to make a transaction over the internet, just check that the circle is green (good). If it is yellow or red, it means that the website is not safe.
    WOT is available here:

I think it is “Common Sense Internet Security 2013″. Really it is takes nothing more than a just common sense to find that every major security suite can work for you but the only problem lies with the user who may fall into phishing or he himself uses outdated software with dozens of vulnerabilities.

• Declan Lopez

you could boot a live operating system from a flash drive and do your transactions on that and when you reboot your computer there will be no information saved on it