How can I secretly accept a friend request on Facebook?
Question by izzy duncan /

Well, my mom will not let me accept friends on Facebook and I really want to accept this person as my friend. My mom and my sister are on Facebook, so I can not add her as my friend, unless nobody could see that I have her as my friend or that I have accepted her friend request. How can I do that? Please help!

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Estes Amber

I got a message saying I have a friend request and it wouldn’t let me accept it and I checked my email and it said I had a friend request. I clicked on it and it said the request is no longer valid. What does that mean? And I tried to find them on Facebook and it doesn’t show their account. I’m not sure what that means please help.

• kc

what you need to do is go to your profile/timeline, then go to “who can see my full friends list” then click “only me” in that way, your mom wont see your friend unless he/she posted on your wall or comments on your updates.

• Bob Solomon Brown

People first of all its a valid question we cannot just say Oh your too young given that she may be young but she still need a straight answer. So my answer there is a way just go to your menu and look for your self i never tried it so you can discover it your self

I don’t think there’s really a way to accept a friend request of Facebook without letting the world know. The best you COULD do is hide the acceptance notification from your news-stream as soon as you accept so that the number of people who see it are restricted to a minimum. But that still might not prevent it from coming up in other people’s streams.

• Taty

Hi Izzy. I think what we are all trying to tell you is that there is no way for you to friend someone or make major changes to your page and not have your mother find out if she is your friend on Facebook. I am also assuming you are young, and if you are, you really should discuss with your mom her reasons for allowing you to have an account but not to accept friends, since it is such a social medium. Sometimes people have reasons one doesn’t understand and if you are open with her she might say yes.

• Mark O’Neill

If I were you, I would set up a completely new Facebook account and don’t tell your mum about it. Then you can friend whoever you want.

I must say that your mum is rather strict when it comes to these things!

• Ritish_hsp

Can you Tell Me How to add a person in Facebook friend list .. If He/she is not accepting the friend request…

If they don’t want to add you as friend, then there is nothing you can do about it. Accept it. Why would you want to force yourself on their friend list anyways. That’s just rude!

• Jack Cola

Send them a message and ask why they are not adding you to your friends list.

A bit off topic, but I just had someone on Twitter follow everyone I am following. I find that a bit rude too, especially that they have no correlation with my followers.

• Jack Cola

Unfriend your mum so she can’t see?

I am not sure how old you are (I am guessing young). Can’t you just tell your mum that you want to accept this person as a friend?

I don’t think there is a way to block new friends appearing on your wall without blocking your entire wall. There is this post

I think there was a question a while ago asking the same, but I can’t find it.

I think the best thing to do is tell your mum you are accepting this friend. Or you can do it and hope she doesn’t notice.