Is it possible to use a secondary output as a video input in Windows?

Jonathan Mould May 30, 2011

On my laptop I have a dual output graphics card, which I use for VJ-ing (basically a video DJ) at a local youth club.

They want to be able to project text over the VJ images. I use Resolume Avenue for VJ-ing and have found a programme for handling the text. The text programme outputs to a secondary display and the VJ software allows input from a live camera or “source”.

Is it possible to take the output from the text programme and feed it to Resolume as an input source?

1. jello

I bought a Avertv Hybrid Volar Max USB TV on Amazon for $50, that connects from my HDTV/DVR to my usb on my computer. Using Windows media center I can record movies to my computer or watch. Unfortunately, it does not work with any of the free video pvr/dvr softwares, but windows media center recognizes it just fine. It claims to be Hi-def, it is not, but is digital quality.

Totally impossible on any operating system. Output is output and input is unput. The graphics card gets data from the PC and displays it, a capture card is what would get data and give it to the PC. You can get a good HD capture card on amazon for roundabout $150. A decent SD one would only run you about $20. Seems like for your needs you would be fine with grabbing a dazzle for $20-$30

Thanks, I suspected it would be near impossible... 
      A capture card is a good idea, why didn't I think of it!??