How can I search all websites with a specific word in their domain name?

Mati March 6, 2011

How can I search all those websites which have the word ‘torrent’ in their domain? The word ‘torrent’ is just an example.

1. Rosa jackson

these are really good windows tips and tricks and secrets.these tips and secret help me a lot.if anybody thinking to buy windows 7.may be some people show interest in windows 7 after reading this article

You could also use the allinurl: operator to get more specific results.

allinurl:whatever com
    allinurl:geek net

This will report results that have both search terms within the URL. The downside is that results are almost limited to the one TLD you specified.

Both methods (inurl & allinurl) are not flawless so you will have to try what gives you the most practical results.

3. Josh Fox

With Google, you can use "inurl:" at the beginning of the search. Using "torrent" as an example as you did, you can use this search:

inurl:torrent

This will bring up everything that has the word "torrent" in the URL. Not just the domain though. It's not that specific. I tried using "indomain:" and it came up with the same results. To find something more specific, you can still use keywords like this:

inurl:torrent "ubuntu"

Just make sure there's a space between the "inurl:{text}" and the keyword. If your "inurl" part has multiple words, you should use quotes so it's included, but remember that URLs don't handle spaces.