How can I search audio files for words?

Jon March 29, 2011

Is there any software which is capable of finding specific words or lyrics in an audio CD, i.e. similar to hitting control F in a document?

1. hi-tech

I have been looking for it for a long time, i am sure intelligence institutions have it.

I will be happy for now if i can just search my own voice, that is speaker dependent voice recognition. I years i have been trying to go paperless... and now text-less

a much more expensive or elaborate software will be " speaker independent voice recognition", as it will have to create a database big enough to handle all possible pronunciation of the same word, from people all over the world, even if it is in english only.

it has been done but with a limited vocabulary, you know that, we use it every day when dialing and an automated operator comes on the line etc etc

speaker dependent is much easier you just train the software... so it will recognize your voice [words] only

many years ago MS and someelse came up with soft that can write for you whatever you speak on the mike.

so i don't know why google desktop does not use that very old technology...

2. DaveO

type in .wav or .mp3 after the word