Why is my Seagate Go Flex external hard drive not working?

Divino Juarbe October 18, 2012

I dropped my external hard drive on a carpeted floor and when I went to connect it again I hear it spinning, but it’s not popping up at all on my laptop.

1. Ellen Quinones

I have to agree with the other users it sounds like its broken if you know of someone who has linux they might be able to rescue files off the drive but be aware it can take a very long time to rescue those files especially if you had a lot of data stored on it.

Try opening the case to see if push on connector has come off. Case is probably held together by hidden screws or clips. Its broken so what have you got to lose by trying.

The disk platters had suffered a severe damage as they are sensitive and the external HDD gets damaged as the platters gets clashed with each other.Your only resolution to solve this issue,if having vital data is to get it to recovery center and recover it.Although it'll cost you too much.

4. Harry Barnes

Well obviously you have broken it by dropping it on the floor. hdd's are really easily broken, sorry, but you'll have to buy a new one. :(

5. Adrian Rea

You may have broken it internally. Your best bet if the data is vital may be to go back to the manufacturer to see if repair or recovery is possible