My Screen Times Out When Playing Movies

david February 18, 2010

How do I stop a screen timing out while watching movies. I am running windows vista.

1. Taty

Hi David
    Just go to Start>Control Panel > Power Options > on the left hand side select "Choose when to turn off the display" > change all option there to "Never" > Save changes

A couple of solutions:

1. If you're using Windows Media Player then go to Preferences and check the options for "allow
    screensaver during playback". Make sure it's uncheked. If you're using another media player, see if it has similar setting.

2. If your Vista is set to display a screen saver, try turning it off. Also go to Power Settings and disable computer going to sleep after the certain time of inactivity.

3. Alternatively, you can ignore the recommendations in point 2 and simply install something like Lowto Sleep (http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/LowToSleep/LowToSleep.exe) that will stop a PC from falling asleep until the CPU is inactive. Run it everytime you're watching the video.