Why does my screen go blank for several minutes when I boot up?

Anonymous August 26, 2014

After my computer turns on and I log in my account, a black screen appears and it take around 5 minutes or more to start.
I installed the Sims 2 a few weeks ago and it loaded fine, a week later the problem started, so I unistalled it to be sure it was not it and it didn’t change.
What can I do?
Thank you!

1. Guy M

Those are both excellent answers. I seem to recall that there is a little utility out there that you can use to very quickly reset your display settings after playing a game that may have changed them. It's a one-click app, but I don't recall the name. Sorry.

The best explanation I've found is "... it’s simply because your display settings are set to something that your monitor can’t handle...".
    This may or may not be related to playing SIMS. At any rate, you'll find the full article at http://askleo.com/why_does_my_screen_go_black_after_the_windows_screen_when_i_boot/ .

try to update your graphic card driver