Why is the screen blank on my netbook?

Anonymous March 21, 2014

I have a netbook. Its has been working fine for the last 3 years but today, when I started my computer, the screen light is on but my screen is still black. I’ve waited, waited and waited – the logon sound plays but the screen remains black. I have a lot of important data inside my netbook. So, can anyone help me please? Not just for work either, my computer games are still inside!

Try connecting your netbook to a monitor or HDTV to see if it will display anything. Check to see if there is a button at the top of the keyboard that swaps the display from the netbook screen to an external display as it may have been accidentally pressed. The screen could have died suddenly and may need replacing. As Jeff suggests, you may want to take it into a repair shop for diagnosis and an estimate for repairs.

2. Jeff F

It sounds to me like your power inverter may have went bad. Take your netbook to a computer repair specialist in your area for a diagnosis. Don't worry, your data is probably just fine.

1.Turn off the netbook.
    2.Disconnect all peripheral devices
    3.Disconnect the AC power adapter and remove the battery.
    4. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.
    5.Reconnect the AC power adapter, but do not connect the battery.
    6. Turn on the netbook.