Why is the screen on my Android phone dark even though the battery is charged?

Anonymous April 6, 2014

I left my android phone on charger after it was full. Now it goes dark even thoogh battery level shows it still has 80% charge. How can I fix this?

1. Linmoorhead

Alsan: by goes dark I mean turns off. To use it for more than a minute I have to plug charger cable infor a few seconds then unplug to start phone w toggle switch on side. Once phone is on I plug charger in again & use phone while plugged in. Changing settings does no good. I think I just "brainwashed" battery by keeping it plugged in after fully charged.

• Dalsan M

Try removing the battery, and then press the power button on the phone for about 30 seconds. This should perform a power reset for your phone and may help. If not, see if you can borrow a battery from someone to see if you still have the issue. If you are still having issues, backup all of your important data and factory reset your phone. If your phone is still under warranty and nothing else helps, send your phone in for warranty repairs/replacement.

What exactly do you mean by "dark"? Does the screen brightness become darker or does the screen shut off quicker?

Check the settings for battery saver mode, screen brightness level settings, automatic brightness settings, screen timeout settings, etc. Also, if you haven't tried, restart the phone to see if it helps.

under settings there should be an option-Display-Brightness