How can I make a scheduled task invisible?

e_nysa March 16, 2010

How can I hide a scheduled tasks from Scheduled Tasks window in Windows XP/Vista? I don’t want to hide Scheduled task icon from Control Panel. I want to hide a specific task BUT it should continue running but invisible to users.

Also, check out Process Manager for Windows.

Among other things the little app integrates functionality to easily hide running tasks from the taskbar. After the task is hidden it won't appear on Alt+Tab either.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/processpriority/index.php?title=Main_Page

2. e_nysa

maybe this will work,as U said it is the best somebody can do-like hiding task scheduler from taskbar-I think it is enough for the job I want to do-I try and give further info.Thank U Steve

3. Steve Campbell

I believe the best you can do is hide the icon in the system tray. To do this, right click the task bar, go to Properties, and click Customize. From there you can set the icons you don't want visible to 'Always Hide'.