How can I schedule SMS to be sent to my mobile phone?

KamilKozyra April 8, 2012

Is there a website where I can schedule a SMS to be sent to my cell phone (not smartphone) at a certain time and date?

1. rob1951

I think the answers so far are  location specific.  Google Calendars would be a good solution except it seems provision is not universal.  SMS from Google may not work in your country or with your mobile service provider.

One way you may be able to get round this is to get calendar to send your own Gmail account an email with a trigger word.  Then set up a Gmail filter to send mail with that trigger to SMS - but just a moment, how does that help?  I still need an email to SMS service...

The answer is that many mobile service providers do offer an SMS gateway, e.g. for O2 in UK send to [your mobile number]@mmail.co.uk 
    If your mobile service provider doesn't offer that facility then there are commercial alternatives, in UK I use fax.co.uk

You'll be charged your normal SMS rate for each message so if you get the filter wrong it could get expensive.

2. KamilKozyra

I found it - Date & Time trigger.

3. KamilKozyra

I know about IFTT, but where do you set up sending text?

• KamilKozyra

Thanks, I'll check it out.

• KamilKozyra

SMSPUP is for Australia only :(, I should have said in my question USA only.