How can I use two scanners with Twain drivers on my iMac?

Stephen Scarpino April 3, 2010

I started with a Canon all-in-one plugged into my IMAC, it scanned documents and all went well. Next, I plugged an Epson scanner into the same IMAC, it scanned documents and all went well.
My problem began when I next tried to scan a document using the Canon all-in-one. The scan failed.
Soon after I contacted Epson, explained my problem and was told Twain drivers are not like printer drivers and only the last twain driver loaded is recognized by my IMAC, and, nothing can be done about this.
Is this true? Can something be done to allow me to scan with either device? I want to be able to chose because the Canon makes searchable PDF files but the Epson only makes PDF image (non-searchable) files. I want to make searchable files.

1. Johnathan TheTool Lane

I'm not getting the issue. The Canon is the one that does what you want it to so just reload the driver for the Canon Scanner and call it a day. However, although the Epson company is correct that is not always the case with Twain drivers. If you need help deleting Twain Drivers or finding the exact one you need there is plenty of documentation on the web so just ask google!

Hope I helped!