Can I save a voice recording from my Android phone to my computer?

Diana Higginbotham August 14, 2012

I recorded a conversation I had with an individual on my voice recorder on my Samsung Galaxy Android. Can I save it to my computer? If not, can I play it through my computer if I attach a cable?

1. kelly

THANK YOU. I simply overlooked that the .3ga voice recorder files would be in the Sounds folder. I love how easy it is to connect the Samsung via USB and drag and drop files. Just change the 3ga using right mouse click/rename/ and type file extension mp3 if you want mp3 format.

2. rekha

with your android phone a wire is given take that keep it in your computer and other side to your phone and select (select files to copy ) and see in the computer you will get options select show folders and check linely in which folder is your s take that copy and paste it

3. Raja Pradeep

Yes, you can copy it to your computer. It is saved in your sd card in a folder named 'Sounds', the file extension is .amr

4. Amit Sinha

the recorded file is either be in phone memory or external memory card you can easily transfer to any pc or cell.

you can't use your phone microphone on pc as an alternative to mic

5. VS Vishnu

of course yes...share it to your system by wifi or cable or bluetooth or put the card in..

6. Timothy Liem

of course you can! just copy the file to your computer and play it.

7. Roehl Curioso

It will be on your memory card!Just attach your phone via USB Mass Storage & copy paste the recording. I have done it before it works!!

8. akadaveo

try the catch app. AUsome!

9. Declan Lopez

you could send it through a multimedia message or email

10. Stephanie w

An easy way of doing it, in the future, is to use the Evernote recorded, and then log into Evernote on your computer. It will automatically be available and playable there.

11. ferdinan Sitohang

you can use keis or proper usb connection to move it to your computer. Of course you can play it in your computer as long as you have a player and codec for it.

12. Justin Fortin

You should use Google Voice

13. GrrGrrr

use bluetooth to transfer to ur PC.
    then try playing it.
    if required, install Klite Codec, and then play

You can save as well as play it in your PC too wherever it's stored.The recordings are stored in My Files -->Sounds i.e. in Sounds folder.If the recordings doesn't gets played via Windows Media player,then play it with VLC media player.

15. Nick Warke

you can uploading recording to a cloud and then downloading it to pc if mass storage option is not available

16. Vipul Jain

Since you have recorded it, it will be on your memory card in the recordings folder.
    Just attach your phone via USB Mass Storage & copy paste the recording.