Why can I not save videos with CamStudio?

Matt Lampert August 10, 2011

I can record a video on CamStudio, but for some reason it won’t save. Either the option doesn’t come up or I’ll find the folder I want to save it in and when I hit save, I get no response. Please help!

1. Candlefire29

Go to Options>Program Options>Name of AVI File, then select "Ask for file name." Once you do this, quit the program and reopen it. (Make sure you have it set to save your settings after exiting!) Now you should be able to save it where you want to and name it what you want. Hope this helps!

2. awesomeness

well its a folder u cant save it in save to videos and go to videos or search the name u put

3. Chipfboy

i have got the same problem

Reinstall or use Total Screen Recorder instead..

5. Aitor Calero GarcĂ­a

You don't have to save manually it should automatically show a window, asking you where to save your AVI file. If not, try re-installing.

• Guest

It does, it's just when I click save on any of the files to save it, it won't let me. It's just unresponsive when I hit save.

• Guest

Rename the file fist then click save