How can I save streaming video to my hard drive?

Ben May 9, 2010

I would like to save streaming video to my hard drive, so as to later make a DVD copy. Is this possible? I am using Vista.

1. Virtual Office

The new interfaces don't allow to download.

No extensions are working. 

• Wedding cake pops

Yes, this doesn't work with new interfaces. 

2. Kevinkumarsingh

Any one knw How to save a WEBPAGE already load a movie on megavideo........

3. fruitgeek

Keepvid.com claims it can download streaming videos- I have only used it on a couple of youtube videos for educational purposes, but keep in mind the source of your video- this can sometimes be copyright infringement.

First of all, you have to tell us the video source.
    Secondly, you could possible use a screen capturing program such as CamStudio to record it while watching.

5. Taty

I wrote a whole article about it:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/download-archive-free-music-videos/
    Says music videos, but it's really for any streaming video.

The easiest way to download streaming videos by :
    1. Using the Real media player ,they will install an addon in your browser(chrome,firefox,internet explorer "I've tried" )
    2. Using IDM Internet Download Manager also install an addon in your browser

Each one of these addon works when you view any video a button appears when you move your cursor over the video to download it.
    Its the fast and easiest way to download a video :D

7. Ravindu Kelum G

Here is the best way to download almost everything, You have to use latest Firefox..
    http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ go here and download and install or you can get portable version also if you using outside computers like internet cafes installing in tour usb drives.After installing Firefox go to there add on page or click tools->add ons and and in select get add ons and in search box type Dowloadhelper or search in firfox add on page then install it and it will ask to restart the browser.

then after that when you are watching a online video you will see animated icon with blue red ... and click on nearby arrow then you can choose to download it.you can download from many resources in different qualities.. Further if you install add on like FlashGot and Downthemall you can redirect those videos to downthemall download manager to download very fast ask for more...?

Hi

You can use Orbit Downloaders Grab++ to download streaming

9. Steve Campbell

An easy way to accomplish this is to install the Download Helper Addon for Firefox. It catches all streaming content and allows you to download. You can always convert and burn video files to DVDs as well.

It definitely is possible, but the precise details depend on your source of video. In the case of Youtube (and some other streaming sites), you can get an extension for Firefox or Google Chrome which will let you download the video as a file (look in the 'download' cadetory of the extensions page for your browser). If you are using VLC to view the video (e.g. an RTSP stream), then you save it as a file within that program.