How can I save a picture from Orkut.com if right-click is not allowed?

RJ December 21, 2010

How can I save a picture from Orkut.com to my hard disk? Right-clicking isn’t working there.

1. Simon Bee

in windows 7 using ie9. ctrl-s. save as a .mht file. navigate to file, right click, select 'edit' will open page in 'word' find picture, left click then right click, choose 'save as picture'  save as whatever format you like. very simple.

2. Heidi Klum

I think you can't use print screen if you want an image larger than your screen definition. I tried ctrl-s and worked fine, I found the high-def image in the materials of the web page... Great trick, thanks!

3. RJ

Thanks HarveyPwnsYou & Mohitk117....

4. David Lab13

Sometimes you can adjust browser size to show some desktop. Position cursor over picture and left click and drag to desktop.

5. Mohitk117

Just use PRINT SCREEN ... It's a button on all keyboards.... then paste in paint or irfanview or any image editor.... crop and save.

Hey Man, good question!
    Start with opening you browser's preferences and turning off javascript. That should allow you to right-click the photo and save it. Make sure the photo that's saved is the right one... (It could be a 1 pixel transparent GIF that's stretched over the real image...)
    Second, try to save the page with all it's images by pressing Ctrl + S and looking through it's files to see if it was saved with the page... This works for Youtube channel backgrounds...
    If none of these work, post the URL and the description of the photo, and I'll look through the page's DOM and find it manually... Good Luck!

Edit: @Mohitk117 That's a great idea... Since I'm a web dev, I like the challenge of doing it manually. :)