How can I save files in iTunes to my flash drive?
Question by Rhonda /

How do I save downloaded music and audio books from Audible in iTunes to my flash drive. It appears to only want to burn disks.

• Jskidmore99

Hey I have done everything that ha14 said to do, but my files still show up as MPEG 4 audio files – does that mean that you can not change them? Have tried to convert them a few times and it isn’t happening – what am I doing wrong?????

• Roger Jennings

What a complete waste of oxygen you are. you went thru all that and then said “well, if its protected, it wont work.” Of course its protected or we wouldnt ask!

Convert iTunes to MP3

You can use iTunes to convert the media files to MP3 format. To do so, you need to –

•Launch iTunes – You can launch it from the Start Menu Programs
    •Select ‘Edit > Preferences > General, and press Import Settings’.
    •Change the ‘Import Using’ to ‘MP3 Encoder’.
    •Save the settings.
    •Go to the library and right-click on a music track and choose the option which reads ‘Convert Selection to MP3′. If the track is not protected then you’ll be able to convert it to MP3 format. However, if the track is a protected one then iTunes will pop-up a window telling you that the protected track cannot be converted to other formats

Simplest method is this.

1) Press “Control” and “A” to select all songs

2) Push “Advanced” at the top

3) Choose “Create MP3 Version” option

4) wait for the conversion to complete.

• Jessica Cam W.

Right-click on the song and/or audiobook in iTunes and select “Show in Windows Explorer”. You can then copy those files and paste them to your flash drive in Windows Explorer.

In general you can get Music from iTunes to your Flash Drive by simply drag&drop them onto the drive like any other file.

As for Audible Books I’m not sure if this will work (never used Audible). If the files are mp3 there shouldn’t be a problem.

• Rhonda Shillabeer

thanks for your help but I have tried that and it transfers fine, but the file won’t play – it reads as title_MP332_myname_.aa , I need to convert it to an mp3 to play, but haven’t figured that out yet – Rhonda

• Jessica Cam W.

There’s plenty of easy-to-use audio file converters you can use, like MediaCope.