How can I save my Facebook chat history to my messages?
Question by Johnson /

I would like to save my Facebook chat history to my Facebook messages. How do I go about doing this?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Me1972

To whom it may concern,
     My name is Anthony and I was wondering if I could get some assistance with facebook..My wife just reciently passed away and I was wondering ho cah I save all thoes messages that her and I have made through facebook..the reason for this inquiry her sister will be clossing her account in a few and I’d like to keep our messages on my computer..for a latter day to read..

Thanks heaps Anthony.k

• Jay.0

Sorry to hear this, Anthony.
      You can always read your conversations with her,
      go to messages, and open her conversation.
      (type her name on the search box)

Or just Go to her profile and click on “message”.

You can see all the messages.
      If you want to save them for offline viewing on your computer,

1)Scroll upside and the old messages will start to load.
      scroll or just keep the home key pressed till it reaches to the very first messages.

2)Press ctrl+s and save it,
      it will save a .htm file named your her name-messages.htm with a folder of related files.
      you can read it offline also.

• Ahghfw

I wanna know how u can make it to where it will go in ur messages and u can xxx chat in the messages

• Karthik Prabhu

Facebook now automatically saves the chat history. However, it is enabled only in the new type of messages. FB has rolled out new message system in which all your inbox messages, e-mails (i.e from your FB e-mail ID) and also chat will be available in a single page. FB is slowly rolling out this feature and all users will soon be upgraded to the new messages system.

Here’s an official FB link regarding the new messages system :

On the same page you can also find request invitation button. You can click on that to receive an invitation to upgrade to the new messages.

If you still didn’t receive the upgrade invitation, you can try the addons mentioned on this page :

• Paul

but what if i dont want them saved…………..if i send or recieve a message then thats ok but most of the time my chats are just full of useless drivel like im sure most peoples are. i dont want them saved and want to be able to disable this.

it feels like facebook are spying on my life, i have no privacy…………

I suggest you stop using Facebook.

you can Delete your chat messages from your account.
      but it will still be saed on your friends account.
      if you want to chat without recording history, chat from gmail.

• Rischel

i still haven’t gotten the new messages thing…. =/ shouldn’t i have it by now?