How can I save clips from different sites and compile them into one web page with Firefox?

cashonly August 9, 2010

I’m looking for a tool or Firefox addon for saving clips from various web pages and compiling them into one web page. I want to clip text and images and assemble them into a webp age that I can use as well as let others see. Google Notebook used to do something like this, but it’s no longer available.

1. Jessica Cam W.

Second Diigo. It has a bookmarklet that you can click on whenever you're at an interesting page, lets you add highlights/notes, and share it. I just think you have to share each clipping separately, unless you set them all to be public. See screenshots here.By the way, Zoho Notebook (more details here) is an alternative to Google Notebook and it has extensions for Firefox/Chrome.I've also seen people clip stuff off of pages onto their Tumblr/Posterous blogs. Sign up is free at both sites and you can get a website like YOURNAME.tumblr.com or YOURNAME.posterous.com to feature your clippings. You can select and clip stuff with their bookmarklets, which will link to the original site automatically. I think it's an easy way to share stuff without spamming others.I personally prefer Posterous for its autoposting feature. Tumblr has been around a bit longer though so it has a few more support for desktop apps.

2. timmyjohnboy

If I were you, I'd give Diigo a try. It offers a number of sharing options (and the option to keep pages private).