Why won’t my Samsung S2 portable hard drive play video on my TV?

Kevin Ross October 20, 2012

Why won’t my Samsung S2 portable hard drive play video on my TV? The TV is a Sony Bravia KDL 40 EXO3.

1. Declan Lopez

the hard drive may not be compatible with your tv

Maybe TV does't support video format of file on your xHD.

3. Alex Perkins

See if putting it on a usb stick helps any.

If your external HDD connects to your TV and other files can be browsed via TV,then no need to worry about whether the HDD is formatted in FAT or NTFS format,except in the case of FAT32,when files larger than 4 GB are not supported.

In the below link,you can find the supported formats that all 2012 Sony's TV lineup supports -

http://www.sony.co.in/support/compatibility/501316/product/kdl-40ex650

5. Dmitriy Haralson

it might be a format issue, or your HDD draws more power than the port can provide (providing it is a HDD that does not use external power source)

6. Andrew Wright

Hi Kevin

I presume that when you plug it in and search for USB drives the TV reports back that the device is not suitable (or something alkong those lines?)

Try putting the video content onto a USB Flash drive and like my Samsung Blu-Ray DVD player, it will work.

Good luck
    Andrew

• Ahmed Khalil

i hope this will work