Why won’t my Samsung Galaxy Tab turn on despite having full battery?
Question by Shannon Truman /

My Samsung Galaxy Tab will not come back after it shut off during a game of scramble with friends. It started lagging and then shut off. Now it will not come back on. What should I do to fix the problem? Any help would be great! Thanks.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , .
Best Android Apps
Best Android Apps
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android OS Tips
Android OS Tips
Best Android Phones
Best Android Phones
Best Android Games
Best Android Games
Android Helpdesk
Android Helpdesk

• merikat12

Hold down the power button and touch the screen at the same time. Takes about 30 seconds.

• Jo THOMAS

Worked straightaway thanks :)

• Zoe White

I have checked the battery has 199%. Held down all different ways of buttons and still won't turn on. Please help. I have a very distressed 11 year old

• ZeeMaree

I tried all of these and they didnt work. I need more options and I really dont want to lose my tablet

• remo

Wow...that worked. Great tip...thanks dude

• lauren mcmahon

Thankyou so so much I thought I needed to spend a ton on it but it works wowcha

• soph

thankyou so much!! got mine working too holding volume and on button!

• emily ault

My galaxy tablet 2 (Samsung) will not turn on. I just got it yesterday, and it froze TWICE and then it WOULDNT CHARGE! I let it charge overnight, and in the morning I got up and went to go get on it, but it wouldn't turn on. Even when I hold the power button for 30 seconds. I want to know how to fix it. I'm not joking. I really want to use it. I JUST GOT THE THING!!!!!!!

• kristen

Just got the thing today, and it pulled this crap. Thank you for tip - you saved Christmas!

• Val

It really worked...who would have ever thought of that....I glad someone did...saved my Christmas!!

• ceddy

i have to agree with gar holding power an volume down works

• Amanda

Okay.. so I just bought mine yesterday.. And at first, when it didn't turn on, I did as it instructed here in the forum and it worked. But then today.. I was using it, and I went to go do something, and the tablet put itself to sleep. And when I returned, I tried to use it again, and it wasn't working. So I tried holding the power button. When that didn't work I did the power button and the volume. THEN I tried plugging it in to the computer, and the device won't install into my computer. So basically, I Don't know what to do now. I'm going to leave it alone for a few hours and try again, but this is ridiculous. I bought it yesterday T___T