Why does my Samsung Galaxy Tab not power on?
Question by Joe /

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 suddenly won’t turn on.

I used it just yesterday and the battery was charged. Now when I try to turn it on nothing happens. I tried to connect it to power via USB and the socket, but nothing. Please help!

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Best Android Apps
Best Android Apps
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android OS Tips
Android OS Tips
Smartphone Photography
Smartphone Photography
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Best Android Phones
Best Android Phones
Best Android Games
Best Android Games
Android Helpdesk
Android Helpdesk

• Kerry

The 15 seconds worked for me. Thanks Tina

• Henry

Thank Ms. Tina (Yuzuki?), it works like miracle … ^^ feel so bad just now when nothing seems to work. Thanks again :)

• Rod

Thanks so much for the tip. It worked for me. Never had a problem before this. I also thank youon behalf of my eight yard old daughter. I let her play angry birds. I supposed she had something to do with the problem.

• Nicole

This was excellent advice! Thank you. After having a frustrating experience at Future Shop this was the best resolution a girl could ask for! My tablet’s back. Thank you!

• Cori

It worked!

I was really worried.

Does this happen a lot ??? …

Does it mean that something is wrong?

• Jesse

Awesome! Reading comments also educated me on the oily spot behind the screen are issue. I thought I had sone something!

• Anano Tsintsabadze

I was charging my Galaxy Tab when suddenly it went very hot and the screen started twinkling darker, than lighter. I restarted the device and it did not turn on by itself. So i pressed the switch on button, but it doesn’t start. Please help me

Anano,

It sounds like something broke. Better take it to a shop and have it checked out. Fingers crossed it’s nothing serious!

• Khloe Mitchell

Hi tina I’m having problems

• naajee

Thank you very much it worked on the first try

• Mary N.

I am glad this worked for me as well, my qestion is WHY is this occuring? I have only had my Samsung Galaxy tablet about 1 month and wonder if it is defective.

• Abhishek

I hav a galaxy tab too it used to work well but from yesterday it isn’t working it is not charging i tried the methods u suggested of pressing the power button but it is not working pls help me