Why does my Samsung Galaxy Tab not power on?
Question by Joe /

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 suddenly won’t turn on.

I used it just yesterday and the battery was charged. Now when I try to turn it on nothing happens. I tried to connect it to power via USB and the socket, but nothing. Please help!

• Kerry

The 15 seconds worked for me. Thanks Tina

• Henry

Thank Ms. Tina (Yuzuki?), it works like miracle … ^^ feel so bad just now when nothing seems to work. Thanks again :)

• Rod

Thanks so much for the tip. It worked for me. Never had a problem before this. I also thank youon behalf of my eight yard old daughter. I let her play angry birds. I supposed she had something to do with the problem.

• Nicole

This was excellent advice! Thank you. After having a frustrating experience at Future Shop this was the best resolution a girl could ask for! My tablet’s back. Thank you!

• Kathy

Tina, Thanks for the advice, i just had the same issue and tried it once, it worked.

• Cori

It worked!

I was really worried.

Does this happen a lot ??? …

Does it mean that something is wrong?

• Jesse

Awesome! Reading comments also educated me on the oily spot behind the screen are issue. I thought I had sone something!

• Anano Tsintsabadze

I was charging my Galaxy Tab when suddenly it went very hot and the screen started twinkling darker, than lighter. I restarted the device and it did not turn on by itself. So i pressed the switch on button, but it doesn’t start. Please help me

Anano,

It sounds like something broke. Better take it to a shop and have it checked out. Fingers crossed it’s nothing serious!

• naajee

Thank you very much it worked on the first try

• Mary N.

I am glad this worked for me as well, my qestion is WHY is this occuring? I have only had my Samsung Galaxy tablet about 1 month and wonder if it is defective.

• Abhishek

I hav a galaxy tab too it used to work well but from yesterday it isn’t working it is not charging i tried the methods u suggested of pressing the power button but it is not working pls help me