Why won’t my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 boot after I tried to enable it for phone calls?

Michael Afelumo September 16, 2012

I was trying the Enable Phone Calling Feature in my Galaxy Tab 10.1 after reading the article and people’s comment who did it successfully, I am running ice Cream Sandwich, but I later noticed the calling zip file and process is for Stock ICS 4.0.4 rom build.

Now I am stuck at the Samsung welcome page after the sound, and it won’t load go further. Please, how do i remove the file so my device can boot normally? I even tried to wipe data and do a factory reset with clockworkMod and it still didn’t work.

1. Dalsan

For us to help you further, we would need your region, model name and version of your device (Settings, About Device), and then we can find the right ROM and information for you to use. If you have a 3G version or non US version, then I have to search further to find the right ROM for you to flash through ClockWork Mod and your SD card. Using a ROM not specifically for your device can complicate things even more if there is even a chance to fix it afterwards.

This problem should absolutely be fixable. As Dalsan wisely mentioned, you must now flash StockROM from ClockWorkMod (CWM). In your particular case, you will need to download a ROM compatible with your model number, copy this to an SD card (put in tablet) and then boot into CWM. In CWM you will wipe caches/Dalvik-cache and then flash from zip, or follow whatever special instructions come with your stockROM.

Hopefully that made sense.

By the way, make note of your particular model number. Some ROMs only work with certain models of Galaxy Tab 2. Your model number should be available in settings -> about tablet -> build number (or something similar sounding).

http://androidadvices.com/enable-phone-calling-feature-in-galaxy-tab-10-1-750-tutorial/#.UFdd7o1lTMh

In the future you may want to use Kies to flash stock firmware, as the process is error-free. You can also download the firmware files directly from Samsung:

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P3113

3. Dalsan

You would have to reflash the ROM or use a stock style custom ROM to start over again, or if you made a backup using ClockWork Mod, use that. Basically, reflashing is necessary to get the OS files back in working order.

• michael afelumo

Pls Dalsan, how can I reflash the ROM or use a custom ROM on it. I don't have any backup on it at'all. I hope it will connect to kies as its stuck at d sumsung welcome screen? Any solution will help, thanks.

4. Daniel

Did you update your Tab to ICS or was it pre-installed?

If pre - installed, take it to a Samsung Care Center.
    If you updated your OS to ICS and stuck in the splash screen(just like my brother who own Galaxy Tab 7"), try to downgrade through Kies.

If you can't succeed in manual downgrading process, take it to Samsung Care center.

Hope this Helps

• michael afelumo

I didn't update it to ICS, I remember the last time I updated it was on kies when I saw a popup dat there a new update for my device, so I just click and install it online.. Now, I don't know if its gonna work on kies as its stuck on d. Samsung welcome screen.? I don't ave any back'up. Kindly give me procedures to go through If I can install another rom and how to flash it.