Why does my Samsung Galaxy S5 not show callers’ names?

Jesse R July 29, 2014

I’m using an Samsung Galaxy S5, G900i (Android 4.4.2, build number KOT49H, G900iztu1ane3). All phone book entries begin with +country code because I travel. It’s brand new, and works perfectly other than the following:

When I receive a call, if it happens to be a local call without the +65, no ID will be shown. It will show the number (so it’s not a service provider caller ID issue). I’ve reset my phone but that didn’t help. There are no apps on this phone that weren’t on my S4 (which worked fine). My previous S5, 900H, worked fine too. It’s not in the phone book settings or anything. If I rename a phone book entry and delete the +65, then when that person calls their name will show up.

As far as I'm aware of this is mostly a configuration problem on the phone, only on rare occasions a problem from the OS/firmware.

Look into the assisted dialing options and make sure that you set the correct country code.

2. Jeff F

I believe you're experiencing this issue because the contact that's calling you does not exactly match the number that's listed in your contact list.