Why does my Samsung Galaxy S3 keep turning on hands-free mode?

April 18, 2014

My Samsung Galaxy S3 keeps turning hands free mode on automatically. How do I stop it?

1. PM

Thanks SS, I've just done that. Let's see how it goes.

2. ss

sorry, it's Settings/Application Manager/All/S voice/Disable

somehow once svoice is disabled hands free doesn't comes on anymore!

3. ss

been fighting this problem for days now, nothing stopped it, until came across this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfsGTRnOb8w apparently you just need to disable s voice in the Settings/Applicationss/All/S VOICE/disable. So releaved it worked, some peace at last :)

4. SI SI Tatum

I have been aging this problem with my S3 for quite some time and nothing seems to work. #soFRUSTRATING

5. JHen

Went into Applications>All>S-Voice. Select "Turn Off". It will say something about causing errors, blah blah blah. This has worked for now.

6. Eil

I simply uninstalled s voice from the apps and it solved the problem. it was really doing my head in.

7. cameron

Same problem here, my phone has been fine for 2 years... Now since this last update my phone has been doing the same thing...turning gps on, turning hands free on and turning car-mode on also turning on all by itself.. I thought I had been hacked but looks like it is just a shitty samsung bug!!!! Pissed off Samsung Paid nearly 1k for your phone and it does this shit???

Refund or the new s5 thanks =)

8. m

The only temporary fix I have come up with is to hold your finger down on the hands free notification. A box that says App info appears. Select that box and press Force Stop on the next screen. It stops the problem until the next time you turn your mobile off and on I think.

9. R

Has anyone found a permanent solutions to stop this?

10. Skye Ak

My S3 has the same problem. It started after an update, yesterday. I tried the above solutions but nothing worked. I unchecked all the hands free options and turned it off, but it still goes on to that mode...
    So for now I switched off motion and voice control in the settings. It's been quite for an hour.

Same problem...and im not doing a reset

• Aexandra

I DID IT AND IT WONT STOP YET. STIL STARTING AND STOPING AGAIN AND AGAIN :(

11. L

This seems to be a common issue i'm finding.. and most recently I might add. I don't want to do a hard reset, but it looks like I may need to...grr.. i'm not very happy with Samsung these days..

12. John P

Thank you for your help. I thought about restoring to factory settings but didn't know if I would lose all my pictures and contacts. I'll look into backing everything up. I haven't downloaded many apps. Aside from yahoo mail, yahoo messenger, brightest flashlight I did install "Beat the Traffic", which I have since deleted. That could very well be the culprit, since my wife is not having problems on her Galaxy s3 (she did not install any additional apps).

Hovsep, thanks again for your input, I do appreciate it.

13. John P

The above suggestion talks about using "My Places". I recently did a software update. It seemed to be fine for a day, then it started again. Yesterday morning I took the battery out and left it out for a few minutes. It hasn't done it since. Somehow, I don't think that was the long term solution. Maybe I should call Samsung..... not far from throwing this Galaxy out for an iPhone.

quite right, if it is a bug then yes Samsung should have the solution. Maybe you can try hard reset (restore factory), but you have to backup you files. If you installed any software that cause this problem then you have to locate which one is and uninstal

14. John Pizzolato

I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3. Hands-Free mode keeps turning ON automatically. I'll go into setting/my phone/set Hands-Free to off and then eventually it will automatically be turned on. How do I stop this from happening?

did you try the above suggestion, do check if there are updated for Samsung Galaxy S3 and appky.

Settings-Location Service-My Places-Car-Select Method:None-Save
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/howtoguide/N0000006/10628/127752

or disable S-voice