How can I safely use Facebook to download pictures and participate in Giveaways?

Myke46 January 15, 2011

In my short time using computers, I have avoided using Facebook for security reasons. However, I find that quite a bit of the “Piza” clan have pictures on Facebook. Is there a secure way to view and download their pictures? I’m not into “chatting” just for the sake of chatting and I have other ways to communicate, so that is not necessary (Facebook). I would also like to be able to enter your giveaways. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

1. Myke46

Tina,
    Thank You for pointing me in the right direction.It's not the people I know that concern me,it's the things I can't see.

Myke,

Our Facebook privacy guide tells you about everything you need to know to keep your privacy on Facebook. Once you go through it in detail you'll will have full control over your Facebook data, in particular who sees what information about yourself.

• Myke46

Aibek,I'd like to thank Tina and You for taking the time to answer questions from inquiring minds, Sincerely,Myke46

You're welcome Myke. It's a pleasure to know you are able to make use of
          our website ;-)

You're most welcome Myke!

Myke,

I recommend that you read our Unofficial Facebook Privacy Guide. This should show you all settings necessary to avoid trouble on Facebook.

You could open a Facebook account just for accessing other accounts of participating in contests with a fake name, so that people who know you will leave you alone on Facebook. Fake names, however, are against the Facebook Terms of Service, so if they find out, your account will be closed.

Or you could make your privacy settings so strict, that no one can find you.

Just some ideas as I understand the urge to participate, while at the same time not wanting to use Facebook.