Is it safe to use Mint?
Question by Eric /

Mint said it was a free personal finance software to assist me to manage my money, financial planning, and budget planning tools. It asks my Bank ID and Password, so I am afraid of losing all my money. Could someone advise me?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , .
Awesome Websites
Awesome Websites
Best Anonymity Tools
Best Anonymity Tools
Deep Web Communities
Deep Web Communities
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Master the Linux Command Line
Master the Linux Command Line
Best Music Services
Best Music Services
Linux for New Switchers
Linux for New Switchers
Best Linux Apps
Best Linux Apps
New Security Breaches
New Security Breaches

• Jason Hoang

Are you kidding? You provided them with all the information they need. Do they even need to transfer money from the site? They just look in to your account directly.

• Jason Hoang

• Jason Hoang

• Jamesbun

Well, mint may not be able to do it, but these hackers who can hack into it and steal your account info may be able to move your money as well. What do you guys think?

• Will Radie

Mint is highly regarded around the web. You dont generally get the reputation it has without being worth it.

Also.. to answer your fear about losing your money.. Mint cant do anything like that.. It cant move money in anyway (last I knew). It is really a MONITORING system.. that basically helps advise and plan things using your banking data.

Eric,

check out this article: How safe are online financial sites like Mint.com?

In essence, Mint.com is not necessarily 100% safe, but at least it’s trustworthy. However, to trust a website with your bank information, I find ‘trustworthy’ alone is not enough. Someone might still figure out how to hack the site and steal your information.

As Tina pointed out the Mint is a trustworthy website. In regards to haw safe it is I think it’s safe enough. They have been all over the news last year.