Is it safe to install jzip?

Anonymous May 12, 2014

Is jzip ok to install?

1. Rajaa C

Why not use utility like 7Zip, WinZip or WinRAR?

2. Bracknelldatarecovery

I use that software it is safe and easy to use,when installing it asks you to install toolbar,so keep in mind that.ENJOY

While it appears that the software works, it is bundled with adware (and possibly spyware). See https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/27326-ilivid-network or simply google "JZIP reviews".

If you simply want a good archiving utility, you could go with 7-zip which is open source and does an excellent job. Personally, I really like IZarc as well, but sadly its author has recently decided to bundled OpenCandy (difficult to classify, but somewhere on the adware-spyware spectrum) with it, so I can't really recommend it.

The software itself appears to be safe, but be aware that during the installation it will ask to install a toolbar. You should deselect that option before continuing.