Why has Safari and YouTube disappeared from my iPad 2?

Amina Valieva April 27, 2012

I’ve noticed that the Safari browser and YouTube app both disappeared from my iPad 2 along with my WI-FI connection. For some reason iPad cannot connect to my wireless home internet even though in shows the correct Internet provider and that it is connected (in settings). It still runs IOS4.3.3, do you think the problem can be solved by updating the software to IOS 5.1? Thanks

1. James M. Guy

I no longer see my You Tube icon on my I-pad2. How do I get it back?

2. Heather Rapson

I am having a similar problem with my I pad. It is stating I am not connected to the Internet, yet I can go online receive emails, also since I downloaded this voice command system my YouTube app that came with my iPad has disappeared, and i have no ability to view any videos as they begin to play and stop and will not resume playing.
    Any help that could be offered would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!

3. Amina Valieva

Thank you, ha12, that has solved the problem.

under Settings > General > Restrictions. Make sure Safari is set to On (or diasbale all restrictions)
    http://www.technipages.com/safari-icon-is-missing-from-iphone-ipad-or-ipod-touch.html

• Vero

Thanks. It worked for me too.