How can I run multiple Dropbox accounts simultaneously?

Anastasia August 9, 2011

I have done all steps as described in this article: How To Run Multiple Dropbox Accounts Simultaneously [Mac] How To Run Multiple Dropbox Accounts Simultaneously [Mac] How To Run Multiple Dropbox Accounts Simultaneously [Mac] Read More

But nothing happened when I double clicked the application. Anyone knows what to do?

1. Paul Durivage

Okay, well, if you have Dropbox installed in a directory/folder other than it's standard installation, you'll have to modify the Dropbox Encore installation script to reflect that.

For me, I have a folder in my Applications folder called "Internet" to house all the internet-only apps.  To fix this:

1.  Right-click (or ctrl-click) on Dropbox Encore and select Show Package Contents
    2.  Navigate down through Contents -> Resources 
    3.  You'll see a file called "script", and open it with TextEdit by right-clicking, open with, TextEdit
    4.  You'll see the script is 2 lines:  What you want to do is modify /Applications/Dropbox.app/blahblahblah to reflect the ACTUAL location of the Dropbox app inside your applications folder.  My line looks like this:  HOME=$HOME/.dropbox-two /Applications/Internet/Dropbox.app/Contents/MacOS/Dropbox
    5.  Note mine will look different from yours, because I also edited the beginning as well to reflect my modified home directory.  This configuration will likely work for you, too, if you change HOME to equal $HOME/.dropbox-two
    6.  Save, relaunch.
    7.  Possible success?

Enjoy.  Verified on my installation of OS X 10.7.

Hi, could you be more specific about your system? I'm using Dropbox 1.1.35 on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and everything still works fine.