Is it possible to run Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger on a Lenovo Z570 i3?

dhara radha April 7, 2012

I have a Lenovo z570 i3. I want to run mac Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger on my laptop. Is it possible?

Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) doesn't have kernel extensions for Intel Core series CPUs. Apple introduced those CPUs around 10.6.7~ and later.

I doubt someone has gone all the way creating them... especially since most current software requires at least OS X 10.5.8 or 10.6.8 and later.

Personally I wouldn't install anything less than 10.6.8 regardless of Mac or Hackintosh. With Mountain Lion (10.8) being around the corner it doesn't really make sense going 3 generations backwards.

2. Simon Slangen

Hello Dhara,

Take a look at this thread. The people here have the same laptop as you, and tried installing OS X 10.7 Lion.

It seems they got most of the hardware to run correctly. The last update:

"I have the Lenovo G570 as well, I used iATKOS L2 restored to a USB stick to install from.
    First of all I installed to an external USB drive for testing.
    Once most of the basic stuff worked (Graphics, Audio, Wifi, Ethernet, etc) I then created space on my internal drive with GParted and used Carbon Copy Cloner to move the install to there.

(...)

Currently NOT working on my Lion install is the SD Card reader (tbh, I haven't even tried to get this to work yet), VGA out does not work, HDMI works in so much as I can display to my TV but the audio does not switch. (...)
    My Atheros AR9825 Wireless card will only get an IP address if the router is set to 802.11b/g, apparently this is a known issue. "— original post by krusty23

Hello, the next link will take you one of the places that can answer that question:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/index.php