How can I run Jolicloud and Filezilla in Windows 7 Starter?

Poch April 18, 2010

Is there really no way to run Jolicloud and Filezilla in Windows 7 Starter even if they’re already installed?

1. Poch

Hi Tina,
    I don't know why I received your question just now but here's my answer:

I don't know about Filezilla but I have Jolicloud running on W7 Starter. The tutorial is too long so best thing is to follow Jolicloud's own tutorial. The installing was fairly easy but I failed to boot it from USB. Starter or Acer A1 just won't allow any USB OS booting. Hope this helps.poch

Thanks for the update, Poch! We had to re-sync our database and comment notifications were sent out for way back questions.

Poch,

were you able to run Jolicloud and Filezilla on Windows 7 Starter? How did you do it? Please let us know!

I would suggest you to read http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/jolicloud-operating-system-download-for-netbook/. Make sure you read the comments as there are some tips on installation.

You use Windows to install Jolicloud, but you can't run them at the same time. You will get a message on the boot screen so you have to select which OS you will use.

4. jhpot

Jolicloud can't be run from within Windows; you reboot your computer and launch it from the bootloader. Restart your computer and you should see the option to boot into Jolicloud. It will make you happy.

As for Filezilla, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. Do you see an error message?