Can I run three different browsers on one computer without problems?
Question by Ron /

Hi Guys!
I have a new Gateway computer with the i3 Intel and Windows 7. I have IE and Firefox already, if I use Google Chrome will this create any problems?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Monkeyonaboard

Do you need an updated version of your anti-virus for each browser?

Sure you can. In fact it makes perfect sense to have them installed. Some sites may work better with some browsers and some browsers will keep your data much, much safer.

• Taty

I use Chrome as my main browser, but have a total of 8 browsers installed. It’s not a problem at all. You could even run them all at once (I often run 3 at once), except it would slow things down unless you have a lot of ram.

• Jack Cola

No, it won’t make a difference and it won’t cause any issues. It’s like installing MS Office and OpenOffice – you can.

My main browser is Firefox, if I need to login as someone else on the same site, I use chrome. If the website is really gay and doesn’t work in FF or Chrome, I use IE.

IE makes everyone’s life difficult, especially for web developers.

• Saikat Basu

It actually makes sense to have more than one browser installed. Sometimes, some sites don’t render well in one, so you can switch to the other. I will also recommend you add Opera to your browser lineup.

Plus, you can use a tool like Transmute to keep all bookmarks synchronized

Hi Ron,

the browsers work independent of each other and don’t control system resources like antivirus programs do. Thus, from a compatibility point of view, it’s no problem to install multiple different browsers on one machine. You can even run them at the same time. In fact, I do that frequently.

You just have to organize yourself with bookmarks or saved sessions etc.