Is there any way to run 32-bit only software in 64-bit windows?
Question by Osama Javaid /

I want to install 64-bit windows but there is some software which I regularly use that is only 32-bit only software. There are no alternatives either. What should I do? Is there anyway I can run these in 64-bit windows?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , .
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software

• Ahsan

i have Earth work programme
    it cant run in 64 bit
    help me in this case

• George Hilbert

If Earth work is an old program and has any 16-bit code in it, it won't run in a 64-bit environment.

• Brian Kyle

32 bit software will run in "WOW6432Node"

• Indronil Mondal

Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.
    Device drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows won't work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows.
    If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has
    32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of
    Windows. If you are unsure whether there is a 64-bit driver available for your device, go online to the Windows Compatibility Center.
    Rest all works fine

Hello, you can run pretty much everything in windows 7 x64.  Have your heard about the term "wow"?  It means windows in windows, it is a sort of virtual machine that lets 32 bits run on 64.  So far,  I personally have not found a x86 software that will not run in windows 7 64. 

if the 32bit software is not supported by windows 64 then install can fail.
    32bit programs will install in "c:program files (x86)" automatically
    64bit programs will install in "c:program files"  

Right click on the program's shortcut or .EXE file, file, and click on Troubleshoot compatibility. follow recomendation

• Strydr Denis

I run Windows 7 64bit and have never experienced any problem running 32bit software. You can't do the opposite though. Run 64bit programs on a 32bit operating system.

• Matt.Smith

If you're running Windows Vista/7 64-bit, you shouldn't have trouble with most 32-bit software. It will run fine even if a native 64-bit version is not available.

• Osama

any example? have you tried it youself?

• Susendeep Dutta

Good examples are browsers like Firefox,Google chrome which you can try it without much hassle.

• Matt.Smith

Right - most software is 32-bit. If there's not a 64-bit version available then it's safe to assume 32-bit is all.