What’s the best RSS download manager?

Jack Cola November 21, 2011

I’m looking for a Windows Download Manager which can download files from an RSS feed.

My requirements are that I can put in an RSS feed, and it will download all files on that feed. It also must have a scheduler so I can download this files at night using my off-peak quote. I manually did this during the day, and I will soon run out of my quota, so I want to do it at night, but need a scheduler so I can sleep.

The MakeUseOf Best of Windows Software failed me this time around :(

I tried uTorrent, but it doesn't work.

I forget to mention, I am downloading files like .mp3, .mp4, not Torrents or anything illegal. 

ok, not aware of such software, but trying to get closer,

if the rss feed has the download links, then at least the current feeds can be downloaded.

paste the rss link on address bar, and now you will have the list of feeds with links.

with software and add ons like
      idm, dap and flashgot,video download helper add-ons
      you can capture all the media on a page.

also grabber option of idm might help, I have never used grabber, but it is used for capturing entire site.

(i read about youtube rss feed podcast in itunes,  but i guess it will not help, as you are not downloading from youtube.)

• Jack Cola

There's gotta be something where I can give a link to something, and it downloads the files on that page. 

as i said in the previous comment,
          idm has grabber option and idm has scheduler also.

i still failed to use it one more time. dont know why, but the options it provides are useful to you.
          and people use it successfully unlike me.

select grabber
           enter a url
          and then choose the options how much of the site you want to download.

audio, video,images or entire sites, 
          you can choose level of links, and enable javascript as some links are in javascript.
          so many it seems possible, i will tell you if i find something exactly similar.
          you can see how grabber of idm works to download entire website:http://www.madrasgeek.com/2010/12/download-website-for-offline-browsing.html
          the difference betwwen these 4 tools and grabber is:
          you don't have to open pages and then select download all.
          grabber downloads files just by the link.

If there are 15 mp3 links on one page. the four tools I mentioned above can download them all, but you have to first go to that page and then select download all option.donwload managers :dap, idm ,firefox addons :video download helper, flashgotbut you have to go to those pages, unless you use grabber..

hi Jack, did you try idm (grabber)?

• Jack Cola

No not yet, do you have a download link?

download link :
          http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html

how grabber option of internet download manager works- steps with screen shots.

http://www.madrasgeek.com/2010/12/download-website-for-offline-browsing.html

i tried to test it but failed, but always heard positive about grabber,
          it lets you enter a url and grabs data according to your choice.

i think utorrent has this option. but it will need the rss feed of videos on torrents only.
    if it is possible to find your videos on a site that has a rssfeed of torrents including the videos you want.

else scheduling a manually generated que of downloads is the only option.