How do I root an Android phone?

Richard W January 16, 2014

I received some valuable guide to root my phone and I have some questions about this. In the guide it says I have to install certain Android drivers before going for root. Please let me know whether I have to install these drivers to my PC or my Phone? Also let me know the specific drivers to be installed. Secondly, I have another question. Suppose, if by chance my phone cannot root according to the guide, will I be able to restore my phone to the original status? I am expecting an early reply.

well if you root during the work you should be prompted for creating a recovery partition (ClockworkMod Recovery or CWM: Create/restore/manage backups of your ROM, Install a custom ROM or flash a kernel from internal storage Mount), if not then somehow you should check the internet for your factory image.

2. kihara

The MUO Android Rooting Guide has answers to this and more. Please read it here http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/take-control-android-rooting-guide

• Richard

I have given the details of my phone to you. Please check it help me to do the Root

We would need more specific information about your phone and the rooting method you are wanting to use. The phone model, operating system version, phone carrier (unless factory unlocked version), and sometimes region information would make it easier to properly answer your question.

The drivers you need is for your phone, but installs on the computer so your computer can recognize and properly setup the connection to your phone. You might also need to install the basic adb Android drivers on your computer.

You may or may not be able to restore your phone back to factory state, it all depends if your phone goes into soft-brick, hard-brick, or not. Soft-brick means that the operating system will not load, but the phone turns on. Reflashing the stock android ROM for your phone through "Download Mode" on your phone may fix a soft-brick; this method could be used to put your phone back into stock factory state. Hard-brick means that the phone will not turn on, but the charging led's may still light up. Hard-bricked devices require JTAG services to possibly revive your device, with no guarantees to work at all. JTAG is a last resort to fix bricked devices.

Give the requested information, and we can give you links and other information you require in order to root your phone smoothly, and with as reduced risk as possible.

• Richard W

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your immediate response.
      Below you will find the details of my phone.
      Model Number TOOKY T83
      Android version 4.0.3
      Baseband version. MAUL.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V13.2012/06/11 15.48
      Kernel version. 3.0.13 cme@ubuntu-server#1
      Build Number T83.V1.2.6

• Dalsan M

Was the root guide life the one mentioned in the second post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2310947? Within the second post are the links for the drivers and software you need. Just make sure that your phone is in debugging mode, which is find in the phone settings.