How to root my Alcatel One Touch 918A?

Shane La Horie October 24, 2012

I would like help on rooting my Alcatel One Touch 918A [Editorial Note: typically comes with Android 2.3]. Please help me to root this phone or at least find a guide that helps.

I have found guides for the models after this phone e.g. 918D/M/N, but I don’t want to try them as things may be different. I would like a guide for this phone.

Model Number – Alcatel One Touch 918A
Firmware Version – 2.3.6

1. nhaks

I need superuser for alcatel one touch

2. MJ

same procedure as the others works for the A. just make sure u do a backup incase u need to restore to ur original state.

Hey Shane, I tried a number of Boolean operators in my searches, specifically looking for the A model of the 918 series, and couldn't find any developer/manufacturer references to it. It seems that it's only referenced in two places: Spanish language websites and on websites selling cases. Otherwise it lacks a single reference on any of the main website that deal with rooting.

Which means there's two or more possibilities:

Is it possible that 918 is the same as 918A? In which case, the root process is firmly established in this thread.

If this is true, you should go to the thread at XDA and ask whether or not the root process works for the 918A. The guys who work on these things are normally extraordinarily helpful and more than happy to provide answers/assistance.

Or could it be that the 918A is a region-specific model? In this case, it's possible that there's not a large enough following to generate the custom ROMs/rooting process procedures. Many root processes are not transferable across cellular networks and therefore require separate exploits.

• Shane La Horie

thanks a lot your answers are always great.

• Shane La Horie

Thanks a lot this is the 2nd android phone i've rooted thanks. you're the best if there if ever any way i ca repay u let me know

• Shane La Horie

Not this this for for the 918N i have 918A

5. Alex Perkins

Third post down, hopefully it helps some.