What is RiskWare.tool.ck found by Malwarebytes?
Question by Condesa /

I had my computer scanned by Malwarebytes and I got the following results:

Vendor: RiskWare.tool.ck
category: File and Memory Process
Item: c:\Windows\kmservice.exe

So does anybody know what is RiskWare.tool.ck?
Is it dangerous for my computer?
Why didn’t Spybot report it?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Noone

You got the best answer..Thanks 

Thanks for the comment.
    Could you please take a screenshot of that warning message you get from McAffe and send it over to us.
    I just checked the download again and it’s definitely appears as clean.
    Also, checked the file on:

VirusTotal, http://www.virustotal.com
    Jotti Virus Scan, http://virusscan.jotti.org/en-gb

both showed no alert.

Aibek

• Monkeycmonkeydo

Ok here’s the scoop so far…I forgot to run Hijackthis last night and if I had I would have noticed a little sleeper bugger that seems to be plaguing ppl in Microsoft Office, redirector urlredir.dll. I did go to the site and try downloading again got the same, but after I’m done with this adventure and not being redirected I’ll try again. My apologies if I made a hasty comment/statement …. just keepin’ in real.

Thanks for the comment.

Could you please take a screenshot of that warning message you get
      from McAffe and send it over to us.

I just checked the download again and it’s definitely appears as
      clean.

Also, checked the file on:

VirusTotal, http://www.virustotal.com

both showed no alert.

Aibek

• Monkeycmonkeydo

u wanna talk cause i was so tired after that i went to bed just got up because I couldn’t believe myself especially this morning after looking into some pages re: ur business

• Monkeycmonkeydo

Like I said last night, I’m not here to make trouble for anyone and you know the older I get the more I realize the less I really do know. I did not take any screen shots last night and I just looked at McAfee I sent a whole bunch of stuff that I had forgotten to deal with in Quarantine so there isn’t anything in there. I’m going to the site right now because I really would like to have some real-time protection along with everything else I have that allows me to do battle. If I can reproduce last night’s event I’ll let you know.

• No

as soon as i ran this keygen, my mom died

• Pahjalik

So the final result is??  —   No one knows!  Lots of free advice but remember what you paid for all that free advice and equate the value.  It’s 50/50 they’re either right or wrong.

• Mr.Berns

Mine got flagged as well, but i use mine for legitimate
    reasons. I have an XP VM template that I use to deploy and the program i use to change the default key to a purchased key ( i used an OEM license XP to create the template) is XPPID, which tells you up front that it uses this peice of software.  So, other than downloading some traffic monitoring software to see what is going out from your PC (wireshark) i would say its a false positive.  Though just as many have suggested, i would not use it as an ilegal keygen. 

• Captain_flemme

Hello,

i have another solution. if you need the key to make your soft working but you don’t want to take a risk, launch it in a sandbox like sandboxie. you get the key a virus or anything else don’t have access to your system !!!

Hope it helped

• DarkSyd

I get this “False Positive” from a .tmp file that keeps generating itself. Sooooooo….REMOVE IT!!! This kind of action is related to keygen’s

• ProfessorCalamitoser

bullsh1t!!!! if u got problem with that ‘thing’ than dont use it!!! ”And Old Man Said’ We Live Our Live,Our Life is For a CraCker’…