Is the “riskwaretoolck” malware dangerous?

Anonymous May 19, 2014

Is the riskwaretoolck malware, as detected by Malwarebytes, as dangerous as debated here?

I had this on a cracked version of Photoshop. Well I got a notification on Malwarebytes, so I checked the crack file file with virus total. 32 sites say it’s malware.

A better solution was to get an old version for free from Adobe directly.

1. David

Yes but given the choice, if you could not afford Photoshop and the 12gb of other Adobe programs is it not better to make do with the old version than use a pirate version and risk your security.

The other risk with adware is that they are not as strict as who advertises, they allow pop unders which take you to site that may infect you.

It's a tool to enable piracy, which is why it's classified as "riskware". I couldn't find any evidence that it is actually harmful to your computer or your data, but running it obviously puts you in a tricky legal position.

3. Rajaa C

Any malware is bad, that's why it is called a malware. :)